in a previous post i wrote about embedding the silverlight applications in your site using the silverlight streaming service. i wrote about my troubles in getting output from more complex types working in the service. here's the skinny. i was using expression media encoder (eme for the cool kids) and the output templates for media players. turns out the version of eme i was using was missing a few things. the version on microsoft.com/expression is correct and is working fine.
if you are using eme outputs and want to put them in silverlight streaming, do not use the <source> node in your manifest.xml file, but ensure you have the <loadFunction> node and put in the initializer for your player (usually the eme output is calling it 'StartWithParent'). doing these two things helped me get it to work in silverlight streaming.
Please enjoy some of these other recent posts...