Today, Microsoft will reveal the Windows 8 Consumer Preview for download to everyone. This builds on the momentum and feedback from the Developer Preview released in September. I’m very excited to get the developer platform in front of you so you can see the changes and new features we’ve made available as well as fixes based on your feedback.
Along with the release of the actual bits, we’ve updated many resources for you to take advantage of as a developer, so allow me to iterate my top resources for you now…
- First, download the Windows 8 Consumer Preview
- As a developer, get the Visual Studio 11 Express Beta Tools
- Subscribe to the Windows 8 app developer blog which is a new blog for the developer community direct from the platform teams
- Visit the MSDN Developer Center for Metro style apps where you will find samples, forums and updated documentation.
- Read the Windows 8 UX design guidelines (and download assets like PSD guides, etc.)
I’m very excited to see the progress of applications that are coming in the Windows Store and even more interested to see what you are going to be building! Please feel free to subscribe to this blog as well for XAML-related tips and tricks on the platform!
Please enjoy some of these other recent posts...